Monday, March 14, 2016

Dear Younger Me


Today, March 14th, as I reflect on the birthday of my first born son and what would've been his 21st birthday, it is definitely bittersweet. But, there is another date that is more important than his physical birth. The day Clark David was born again! If it wasn't for this day, I'm not sure how I would get through life. This most important day gave him eternal life in God's Kingdom. Birth is the beginning of life, but to be BORN AGAIN is to begin to live anew. Jesus replied to Nicodemus,"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3). Jesus teaches Nicodemus how to be born again (John 3:1-21).

I am grateful the Lord put on my heart where to look for the date that was my thought last night, but became my focus today. The Lord led me to the answer to the question I had asked myself. I wonder if I wrote down the day Clark David was saved and if so where did I put it? Immediately, I went to his baby book and after a few flips of the pages found the torn piece of paper with the jotted down note that was never transferred to the "Letter From Mom and Dad" page. There it was! I had forgotten writing it down until I saw it. I was so overjoyed to find the note that read: August 22, 2000, Clark David believed on the Lord Jesus for his salvation at 908 Nunnelley Avenue sitting on the couch in the living room with me. He was almost 5 1/2. He had been asking questions for awhile. He asked me that afternoon, "How do I become a Christian?" I shared what the Bible said and then we prayed together and he became a child of God, born again to live forever with Jesus.  He came to me about 10 months later and wanted to be baptized. On July 1, 2001, he was baptized at Seventh Street Baptist Church.

A CD by Mercy Me was given to me many months ago and when I heard this song, DEAR YOUNGER ME, I thought of his life. "The choices that I made are the choices that made me. If I knew then what I know now, my condemnation would have no power . . . it wouldn't have been hard to figure out what I would've changed. . . it's not your fault, you were never meant to carry this beyond the cross...you are holy, you are righteous, you are one of the REDEEMED, set apart, brand new heart, oh you are free indeed!"

If you are feeling unworthy today, know this: YOU ARE LOVED by God, you are FLAWLESS in Christ, and JESUS LOVES ME (you)!


He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved..." (Acts 16:30-31)


* Music is one way God started applying His balm to my bereaved heart. You can click on capitalized words which are links to songs that continue to bring solace to my soul. 


"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry . . .

He put a new song in my mouth . . ." (Psalm 40:1-3)




No comments:

Post a Comment